Hexapod Make 2
May 3, 2021
- uses dynamixel XL430 servos.
- 24 dof
- the same control system as Make 1.
- runs on a Jetson Xavier NX.
- has a 2d lidar ~ 10Hz
- has a stereo depth camera (realsense D435i)
- experimented with running SLAM stack on ros using the two sensors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N8fmfxq5lY
- played around with hector slam for 2d lidar, rtabmap, VINS-Fusion (https://github.com/HKUST-Aerial-Robotics/VINS-Fusion)
- got familar with the high level organization of the ROS stack.
- later removed one dof from each leg for faster IK computation.
- control software capability (even ground mode): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7Eii5mxpQ